What are we looking for?
We are looking for a Software Architect in the smart building and smart homes domain. You will work at the technological forefront of smart and connected devices utilizing current and upcoming mobile, cloud and IoT technologies.
- You drive our embedded software architecture vision with a clear focus on the business.
- You elaborate and define requirements, both functional and non-functional, in cooperation with product management.
- You design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code: C#, C++, JSON, MQTT, QT, … but also notices of SQL, Linux, …
- You create demonstrators for fairs or internal showcases
- You ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications even when facing meaningful and changing requirements.
- You build long-term relationships with external providers.
- You have a master’s degree in computer science.
- You have excellent knowledge in the System Architecture domain and related business processes through many years of experience in HW-SW co-design and system architecture
- You have strong development experience in electronics, firmware/software, smart-device software and IT backend systems. (Experience in home and building automation is a clear asset).
- You have strong knowledge of multi-node, connected architectures, with intelligence hosted in embedded devices unto applications running on smart devices and in the cloud.
- You have the ability to create clear structures to master the complexity typically related to Software, to handle simultaneous requests and drive reuse by organizing for platforms.
- You enjoy working in an international and multi-functional team across different engineering teams.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills (e.g. verbal and written communication skills) to present and discuss strategies, architectures and designs at various levels.
What do we offer you?
- A pleasant and dynamic working atmosphere with a new challenge every day.
- The opportunity to leave your mark on the future, with a socially responsible and sustainable company that draws the map of innovation and digital technology.
- The opportunity to develop yourself and follow professional training courses.
- A competitive salary and numerous extra-legal benefits, in exchange for your expertise and commitment.
- A mobility plan that allows you to move easily, healthily and green to work.
Who are we?
Together for Better is the corporate motto of Reynaers and reflects the identity of this Belgian family company. Driven by innovation and entrepreneurship, the international company Reynaers is always focusing on its partners to realize sustainable growth together.
Reynaers, active in more than 70 countries worldwide, is a leading specialist in the development, distribution and commercialization of innovative and sustainable architectural applications in aluminium and steel. The most known brands of the international group are Reynaers Aluminium and Forster Steel Systems.
Founded in 1965, Reynaers has achieved an impressive growth, both in international presence as in turnover. Reynaers is looking forward with confidence and realized a turnover of € 580 million in 2019. Currently Reynaers employs 2200 people worldwide.